What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing (also Online Marketing, Internet Marketing or Web Marketing) is a collective name for marketing activity carried out online, as opposed to traditional marketing through print media, live promotions, radio, and TV advertisement.
The rapid growth of the Digital Marketing Industry is a direct consequence of the global phenomenon that is the Internet, and the effectiveness of Digital Marketing channels in generating revenue and awareness. Compared to traditional methods of advertising, Digital Marketing offers rather realistic costs (particularly important for small- and medium-sized businesses and start-ups), accurate targeting, and excellent reporting.
Different Types of Digital Marketing Channels
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search engine optimization (SEO) SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through optimization and advertising.] SEM may use search engine optimization (SEO), which adjusts or rewrites website content to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages, or use pay per click listings.
SMM (Social Media Marketing)
Social media marketing is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it across their social networks. The resulting electronic word of mouth refers to any statement consumers share via the Internet (e.g., web sites, social networks, instant messages, news feeds) about an event, product, service, brand, or company. When the underlying message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself, this form of marketing results in earned media rather than paid media.
In the context of the social web, engagement means that customers and stakeholders are participants rather than viewers. Social media in business allows anyone and everyone to express and share an opinion or an idea somewhere along the business’s path to market. Each participating customer becomes part of the marketing department, as other customers read their comments or reviews. The engagement process is then fundamental to successful social media marketing.
Facebook is the world’s most popular social network for both businesses and individuals. With over one billion users, your friends and fans are likely already using the platform – and you should be too!
In fact, people are 51% more likely to make a purchase after “liking” a brand on Facebook. Facebook marketing requires good intellect and unique thinking to make the campaign effective.
Facebook business page
Facebook blog posting & Reaches increasing for business page
Facebook continues to be the reigning champ of social media sites, as the #1 spot where friends connect and share online. … Whether you’re a big corporation or small local biz, Facebook is a powerful marketing tool – it’s a great space to keep customers informed, develop a brand identity, and broaden your reach.
Golden rules for Facebook post
ber your Facebook preimage is your shop window – keep it tidy and looking professional.
You must create a post with a huge visual impact (as you only have a very limited time to grab people’s attention, before they have scrolled on without taking any notice of what they’ve seen!).
Your post must be relevant to your brand – whilst you think a particular picture would create massive engagement – it can also easily damage your brand.
4. Always take a personal view of a post – Best way to get the most engagement out of a post is to get your the customer to share the post or picture. It is proven that people that use Facebook are far more likely to press the share button.
Create a Twitter business profile.
Establish your Twitter presence
Your profile shows the world who you are, and first impressions count. Each element should showcase your best content and accurately reflect your message.
Here’s an overview of the five different parts of a Twitter profile and some best practices to keep in mind if you plan to advertise on Twitter.
1) Your Twitter @name
2) Your profile photo’s
3) Your bio
4) Your header images
5) Your pinned Tweet
Linked in Marketing.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest social network for professionals. With over 161 million registered users in more than 200 countries, more than two million companies have created LinkedIn Company Pages to vie for their attention. If you are in B2B business this platform is very useful for you to connect with companies’ directors and marketing person.
Google has described Google+ as a “social layer” that enhances many of its online properties, and that it is not simply a social networking website, but also an authorship tool that associates web-content directly with its owner/author. It is the second-largest social networking site in the world after Facebook. 540 million monthly active users are part of the
Identity service site, by interacting socially with Google+ enhanced properties, like Gmail, +1 button, and YouTube comments. “.
YouTube is a video Social Networking site, and the 2nd most popular search site on the Internet after Google, who owns YouTube. YouTube video watching is a significant activity on the Internet, with over 1 billion visits to YouTube daily and over 100 million videos watched daily. And it’s easy for anyone who sees your video to rate it and share it with his Social Network.
How do I create a business YouTube channel?
- Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings.
- Click on Create a new channel.
- Then choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click create.
Small businesses can expand their reach by understanding some of the many benefits of using YouTube in their Inbound Marketing Campaign.
Mobile marketing is marketing on or with a mobile device, such as a smartphone Mobile marketing can provide customers with time and location sensitive, personalized information that promotes goods, services, and ideas.
It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either sold lists or current customer database
BUSINESS ON GOOGLE:-
Attract new customers with your free Google listing. Your listing appears right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search or Maps. Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your listing—so you can stand out, and bring customers in. Bring in customers by sharing helpful information. Make it count every time someone finds you on Search and Maps. It’s easy to keep your business listing fresh with new posts and photos, custom open-hours, and a free website. Discover how people find your business Learn how customers are interacting with your business listing. How did people find you? Where are they coming from? With Google My Business, the answers are right here.
Advantages Of Digital Marketing
LEVEL PLAYING FIELD: Any business can contend with any opponent regardless of dimension with a strong digital internet marketing strategy. furthermore, typically a smaller store would find it difficult to coordinate the grace of the accessories of its larger opponents. Online, a sharp well thought out site with a sleek customer trip and fantastic service is master – not dimension.
- REDUCED COST: It allows the organizations to save cash, an element that is really taken into account by the organizations since the Digital marketing strategies don’t require a great amount of financial commitment.
- SIMPLE TO MEASURE: Online everything can be calculated, thus it’s simpler for the organizations to know right away if their strategy is operating or not, what organization or customer is enthusiastic about their items, from what places or nations are they, etc.
- BRAND DEVELOPMENT: Existence on the Internet can help the development of the company from any regional market to nationwide and worldwide marketplaces at the same time, providing almost unlimited growth opportunities.
- AVAILABLE 24/7: The World Wide Web never rests and so does Online promotion, enabling businesses with little sources to maintain physical 24-hour functions to contend in the electronic industry using Online promotion resources that can run almost 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. So this is also one of the advantages of Digital Marketing.
Dis-Advantages Of Digital Marketing
- PROMOTION STRATEGY CAN BE COPIED: One of the hazards in Internet marketing is that a particular technique can easily be copied by a rival. And, many have done so with finish ignore for the lawful repercussions their actions may carry. Pictures or images can be used to mislead customers and take away an important business from you. Not only that, these can also be used for perpetrating adverse and incorrect information about your product, products, or services that will harm your online reputation – and reduce useful focused customers.
- DIGITAL MARKETING INCLUDES TOO MUCH COMPETITION: Just like the growth of online ads, Internet promotion is experienced with a great process of too many competitors. Digital promoters are not capable of getting into a more powerful place for the best possible exposure for their promotion and promotion tasks, and the use of too many competitors will make it even more difficult and expensive to get the interest of targeted viewers.
- SECURITY ISSUE: Internet marketing has its own disadvantages which are not noticeable in its experience value. so, For a person or client who queries online for products or services, there is a caution not to reveal all the private information as it might be used against them by unidentified people. So this is also one of the disadvantages of Digital Marketing.
- LACK OF TRUST: One of the significant drawbacks may be a deficiency of believing in of the customers. Because of could be exclusive special offers that appear to be scammers. So, this is a part that declines the picture and trustworthiness of quality and sincere companies.
- REQUIRES MORE INITIAL INVESTMENT: Playing Digital marketing contains various restrictions like developing delicate and professional looking for your website and planning an effective technique. Therefore, Paid marketing like Search engines AdWords, Search engine Ads, and Social Media Marketing is quite expensive, especially for small enterprise owners.